1. Preach about trees. Psalm 1: The righteous who love the Word of God are like a green tree with deep roots, yielding green leaves and good fruit. The wicked are chaff which the wind drives away. Or preach Messiah from Isaiah 11:1: A shoot will spring from the stem of Jessi, a branch from his roots will bear fruit. Or, preach on the tree of life, Rev.2:7: To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God, and Rev.22:14: Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Or, preach Christ from Galatians 3:13: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us– for it is written, “CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE “.
2. Preach about flowers and grass. Isaiah 40:8: Men are like grass! The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. Or, Psalm 37:2: They (evildoers) will wither quickly like the grass and fade like the green herb.
3. Preach about who owns the earth. Psalm 24:1: The earth is the LORD’s and all it contains; the world and those who dwell in it.
4. Preach about the worship and glory that is due to the Creator of the earth, waters, the sea, grass, birds, plants and animals. Psalm 104: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. (Don’t forget v. 34-35.) Or, Rev.14:7: Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come, and worship Him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the springs of water!
5. Preach about ecosystems. God’s loving abundant spiritual provision for His people. Isaiah 35:1: The wilderness and the desert will be glad… it will blossom profusely and rejoice with rejoicing and shout of joy.
6. Preach that God has decreed that this earth, as it is, be temporary. Isaiah 65:17: For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth…(also Rev 21:1-5)
7. Preach that judgment is coming to the wicked of this earth. 1 Samuel 2:10: Those who contend with the LORD will be shattered…the LORD will judge the ends of the earth.. Or, Isaiah 66:16: For the LORD will execute judgment by fire And by His sword on all flesh, And those slain by the LORD will be many.
8. Preach the TRUTH about the future of the earth. 2 Peter 3:7: But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
9. Preach Jesus Christ, the Creator and Lord of all. Colossians 1:16: For by Him all things were created; in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible…. all things have been created by Him and for Him. Jesus did not come in the flesh to “save the earth” but to save the lost! Preach the real Gospel, saints of God!
“…that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth.” Isaiah 49:6
Here’s last year’s Earth Day post: How to Celebrate Earth Day