If anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.” Gal. 1:9
I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preach is not made up by man or based on human thought. I did not receive my message from men. It was not taught to me by a person. I received it by a revelation of Jesus Christ.
I received the gospel from our Lord Jesus Christ, as I was reading the gospels in the Bible, by myself, with God. I asked Him to show me the way, to teach me to the truth, and to reveal Himself to me. As I read His recorded words, Jesus spoke to me,(and I heard Him) by the Spirit.
What was the gospel I received?
1. “It’s all about Me. I am the Way.” (It’s all about Him. This is the truth He wanted me to know and believe.)
2. “Follow Me.” (This is what He wanted me to do.)
3. “You are now Mine. You belong to Me.” (He placed me into His kingdom. He let me know I know that now I belonged to HIM. He let me know I have been removed from the “of this world” kingdom, to His kingdom, which is not of this world).
4. Later as I began walking with Him…. He taught me things such as, “Repent” and “You will be My witness”.
But after this, during my 24 year membership inside Evangelical Christianity, I heard and was taught many many “other gospels”. For example:
1. It’s all about Church.
2. Follow men, organizations, Theologians, Theology Systems, man-made dogmas, Movements, Political Leaders, Cultural Leaders, Ministry Leaders and Strategic Christian Organizational Methodologies.
3. You now belong to the top-down organized, State-incorporated, leadership networked, systems theory, total-quality-managed, rule based, authoritarian, religious, political, patriotic, money-changing, flesh-driven, success-seeking, reputation-preserving, world-approved, idolatrous, compromising, man-pleasing, man-following, Evangelical sub-culture.
4. Later after I was deeply entrenched in Evangelicaldom, I was taught, “Come, let’s change the world” and “Take America back for God” and “Support the State of Israel”, and “When billions of people around the world say ‘yes’ to God, there will be peace! We will solve all the world’s global problems!”
Oh beloved, remember that gospel that you received by a revelation of Jesus Christ. Remain with that gospel that you first received from Him.