To the praise of the glory of His grace. Eph. 1:6.
The Display of the Glory of the Grace of God in the Achievements of Christ by His Suffering
1. Christ absorbed the wrath of God on our behalf—and he did it by suffering.
2. Christ bore our sins and purchased our forgiveness—and he did it by suffering.
3. Christ provided a perfect righteousness for us that becomes ours in him—and he did it by suffering.
4. Christ defeated death—and he did it by suffering death.
5. He disarmed Satan—and he did it by suffering.
6. Christ purchased perfect final healing for all his people—and he did it by suffering.
7. Christ will bring us finally to God—and he will do it by his suffering.
From The Suffering of Christ and the Sovereignty of God
By: John Piper, 2005 Desiring God National Conference